Hello my lovelies!
So the season of joy is upon us, and seems to be moving quickly. However, sometimes the season can be less joyful, as opposed to stressful. Here are some things that I have personally found are absolutely necessary if you want to live through these cold months in a happy, healthy manner.
1) Vitamins. I just turned vegetarian recently, so I decided to start vitamins just to ensure I had a healthy diet. However, I didn't realise how much energy they would give me, and since starting them, everyone has commented how much happier I seem. These are definitely needed to keep lurking colds and the flue at bay.
2) A warm coat. I don't care if it's fashionable or not (although I would prefer a nice one...), sometimes you have to prioritise comfort over fashion, and this translates to warmth over cold. A puffy/warm coat is definitely needed.
3) Candles! I won't babble on too much about these as I've pretty much raved about candles in all of my recent posts, but it's not Christmas without candles for me.
4) Playlist. It doesn't even have to be a Christmas playlist (she says while listening to her Christmas playlist...) but maybe a Winter playlist. I don't like listening to the music I listened to in summer while it's cold because it just feels wrong.
5) Dress/playsuit/jumpsuit. there seems to be so many parties happening around Christmas and the New Year, so you better be prepared. Even if it's just a little thing in school, or at work, odds are you're going to need a dress. Plus, who doesn't like an excuse to shop?
6) Christmas jumper/pyjamas. Cheap but adorable ones are abundant in Primark, but if you want to splurge, I'm certain any clothes store you step into will have a good range. Next seemed to have a good selection this year.
7) Favourite hot drink. Cafés everywhere have spent the past few months stressing over what they should blend to create the perfect drink, and in general have done a very good job. My favourite is the Gingerbread and Cream latté from Costa. If you don't want to go out, you can buy the flavoured syrup to make your very own from home.
8) Moisturizer. The cold, biting air has officially affected my skin, and it feels so tight and dry- I hate it! A moisturizer is 100% necessary. For my face, I love the Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer, and for body I have been loving Victoria's Secret Sheer Love Body Lotion, although the Vaseline Spray and Go cans will always be my fall-back.
9) New makeup. I think I'm going to write a post tomorrow on a winter style, so if you want a more detailed explanation, please come back and read it. However, in general, winter is a time for a bolder look- red lips, smoky eye shadow, less bronzer...
10) Goals. With a holiday coming up, you could just relax, but chances are you'll look back and wonder why you wasted all your time. Even if you only have a couple of days holiday, why not set yourself some tasks? For example, I want to learn my piano pieces, learn how to drive, complete my work experience, learn my singing pieces, etc... Even if I don't complete all these tasks (which I definitely won't) at least I tried.
So I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any other necessities that you think I've missed off, please tell me down below! And please remember to try and relax- it is a holiday after all. Have a good day, and merry Christmas!
Lots of love, Nicole x